Healthy Meal Cravings
Healthy Meal Cravings Blog
For this week’s blog were doing something a little different. Ever have the goal to eat healthy, but you’re craving a whole pizza or a big ole’ greasy burger?
Here are some healthy recipes to help satisfy those cravings! Happy healthy eating!
– Pizza dough: 2 cups Gluten Free Flour and 8 oz. Greek Yogurt
– Top with sautéed, dice tomatoes + a spoonful of tomato paste
– Add feta cheese (lactose free)
– Season with thyme and oregano
– Bake at 400 degrees for about 8 minutes
Chicken Burritos (3 full size burritos)
3 large flour tortillas
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
3/4 cups black beans, drained and rinsed (a little less than a whole can)
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
6 tablespoons Mexican cheese blend, shredded
3 tablespoons salsa, plus more for garnish
3 tablespoons sour cream, plus more for garnish
1. Spray a large cast-iron skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium/high heat. Add chicken, onion, chili powder, and cumin and cook for 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Add black beans and cook 1 more minute while stirring and remove from heat.
2. Laying on flour tortilla flat, place 2 tablespoons cheese in center, then add 1/3 of the chicken mixture on top, then add 1 tablespoon of salsa, and 1 tablespoon sour cream. Roll tortilla in a jelly roll fashion, squeezing sides to ensure filling doesn’t fall out. Place seam side down on counter, and repeat with next 2 tortillas.
3. Heat a grill pan or clean skillet over medium/high heat and spray with cooking spray. Set tortillas into pan, seam side down. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown on bottom side, flip and continue cooking on that side until browned. Remove from skillet and place on a wire rack or plates to serve.
4. Serve with a side of sour cream (low-fat), guacamole, salsa, hot sauce, or whatever toppings your family prefers
Cheeseburger Lettuce Wraps
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 slices American cheese
- 2 large heads iceberg or romaine lettuce, rinsed then dried
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- small red onion, sliced thin
- Heat a grill or skillet on medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together ground beef, seasoned salt, pepper and oregano.
- Divide mixture into 6 sections then roll each into a ball. Press each ball down flat to form a patty.
- Place patties on grill/pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. (If using a skillet, only cook 3 at a time to avoid overcrowding).
- Place a slice of cheese on each cooked burger. Place each burger on a large piece of lettuce. Top with spread (see recipe below), one slice tomato, red onion and whatever else you like. Wrap the lettuce up over the top and serve. Enjoy!
- Spread: In a small bowl mix together all the spread ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Now is the time to get rid of those unhealthy cravings and get creative with these healthier options!
Source: Outsmarting Your Brain With Nutrition Basics